Friday, November 16, 2012

It's almost Thanksgiving

but I'm drooling over our summer photos.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
I feared some days would never end,
but then school started and I missed the noise and the chaos.
It was sweet and exhausting.
Lots and lots and lots of togetherness.
We blew bubbles
 and made our own lava lamps with oil, alka seltzer, and food coloring
 picked blackberries
and strawberries 
 and spent a lot of time on Lake Chatuge.

 It's the most beautiful lake this side of the Mississippi,
AND there are no mosquitos.
Don't tell anyone.

We don't need the big city riff raff from Atlanta mucking up the place like they do at Lake Lanier.
Yes, we're Atlantans (Decaturites, really), but we're RELATED to the local mountain folk,
so they let us in.
 After 15 years of seeing signs for Rock City,
I finally SAW ROCK CITY!
Summer is not my favorite season,
I always dread it
and then I miss it.





No comments:

Post a Comment