Friday, May 14, 2010

What a difference a year makes

I've really neglected this blog lately, partially because I've started a food blog, but mostly because writing about my everyday life isn't much of an escape from it.

I took this sweet picture of Lilly the other night and gasped when I saw it. What happened to my baby girl? She looks like she's 10 years old!



So, I did some reminiscing on iphoto and this is what I found:

Lilly, just one year ago at her preschool graduation, May 2009. The difference between a five-year-old and a six-year-old is mind blowing. Here's a picture of Jonathan that very same day. 




Who says bald isn't beautiful? He was just 10 months old, still a baby in a sling.


Of course, a couple of days later, he started to walk.

And here he is today, not even 2 years old and already addicted to the Blackberry. We weren't sure if his hair was going to stay red when he had so little of it. I think the verdict is in. 



So, I'm recommitting to this blog. No fancy prose, just pictures of the day-to-day. A time capsule for my children, who are growing up way too fast. An expression of love and respect for my dear Aunts, who long for hand-written letters, but are genuinely appreciative of my silly blog posts instead.













No comments:

Post a Comment