Wednesday, August 1, 2012

School days


It's the first day of school. After 8 1/2 years of nearly always having at least one kid by my side, they are both in school until 2:30pm 5 days a week. I'm stunned by the silence. The fridge is so loud. There are so many things I want to do, but don't know where to start. All those years of wishing I could just have 2 or 3 hours to myself. Still, I'm going to wonder what Jonny is doing in pre-K every second of the day. He looked so proud wearing his new orange backpack, and not one of those tiny preschool deals either. Lilly is in 3rd grade. THIRD! Her last year at her K-3 school. I remember driving by the school when she was in preschool and pointing out where she would SOMEDAY go to Kindergarten. Man, I sound so old.




1 comment:

  1. Awwww, that's awesome!! Not so awesome that it's August 1st and they're back in school already...but awesome that you get to hear about all their adventures at school everyday! Hard to believe time has gone so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete