Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chai Tea party

It's been incredibly dreary outside this week, so I tried to cheer myself up by having a tea party with my son. I simmered fennel seeds, sliced ginger, a cinnamon stick, a bay leaf, whole cloves, white peppercorns, and cardamom seeds in 3 cups of water for about 10 minutes. Then I turned off the heat, added 2 English Breakfast tea bags, 2 teaspoons of honey and let it steep another 10 minutes.
 Add 1 1/2 cups of milk
and voila, a delightful pot of chai tea!
My daughter would have dressed up like she was dining at the Ritz.
My son? Jelly on the sleeve and filthy hands.
He lapped up the tea like a dog.









2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty!! And Jonathan is too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I'll bet you have some fancy tea parties in your future with Miss Rachel.

    ReplyDelete